Skip to content
U.S. Department of Education Statistics:
- College graduates with a bachelor’s degree typically earn 66% more than those wth only a high school diploma.
- Over a lifetime, the average worker with a bachelor’s degree will earn $1,000,000 more than a worker without a postsecondary education.
- By 2020, an estimated 2/3 of new jobs will require post-secondary education.
- Almost half of the students who begin college DO NOT graduate within 6 years.
- Students who borrow for college but never graduate are 3 times more likely to default on their loans.
- Over the past 3 decades, tuition at 4 year schools has more than doubled even after adjusting for inflation.
- Significantly reduce family stress by developing a customized plan during a time of transition.
- Challenge your child to consider opportunities “outside of the box”.
- Evaluate intrinsic motivations to identify career paths and majors.
- Initiate goal setting and time management techniques for faster action.
- Strengthen confidence and excitement about college.
- Propose funding solutions and alternatives for an affordable education.
- Engage the family in a “team” approach to finding solutions.
- Listen and be available to answer questions and provide support as needed.
- Envision new paths for current college students who are unhappy.
- Provide ongoing assistance to college students as necessary.
- Strengthen parent perspectives and goals.
Long-Term Benefits of a Plan:
- Attending a college that provides good future opportunities while fitting within your established family budget results in:
- Increased likelihood for positive student outcomes
- Happy student = happy family!
- POSITIVE STUDENT OUTCOMES = SIGNIFICANT COST SAVINGS!